The Statistical Consulting Laboratory (SCL) provides all formal aspects of statistical consulting, including:
- Help with research hypotheses specification and study design
- Prepare sample size calculation and statistical analysis plan sections for research grant proposals
- Data management and preparation for statistical analysis
- Statistical data analysis
- Interpreting the results
- Assistance in writing the final report or manuscript
- Assistance in the use of software such as R, SAS, SPSS, Matlab or Python
- First half-hour free for UTEP students
- Free for UTEP BBRC-affiliated clients
- $100 per hour for UTEP non-BBRC clients
- $200 per hour for outside UTEP clients for services that require up to 20 total hours. For work that requires more than 20 hours in total, the rate is flexible and negotiable, depending on the nature of the work involved.
- Grant proposal preparation which includes the SCL as a budgeted item is free of charge.