Desired Job Qualifications:
- Must be of sophomore or higher classification and have completed one or more semesters at UTEP.
- A minimum cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 and 3.0 in all Mathematics courses.
- Must have completed Calculus II.
- Must be able to communicate well orally and relate meaningfully with fellow students as determined in a personal interview.
- Must be responsible and willing to work under supervision.
- Previous experience in either teaching or tutoring would be most helpful.
- Two strong recommendations from the University faculty or administrators.
- Must have no campus disciplinary record.
- Prospective tutors may be asked to complete a proficiency test in Mathematics.
Tutors are expected to:
Maintain a 3.0 Grade Point Average each semester they are employed.
Must have passed all portions of Texas Success Initiative.
Participate in initial and ongoing training programs as requested.
Become familiar with all services of the MaRCS and related services.
Tutor students individually both in subject matter, and studying and learning skills.
Adhere to a predetermined work schedule and keep record of hours worked.
Maintain adequate records as required.
Dress appropriately and behave professionally.