Prepare for Tutoring
- Come to the MaRCS in Library 218 during our working hours
- Check in at the reception desk out front.
- Inside the center, sign up, and a tutor will assist you.
- You must present your UTEP ID when you sign in for
- Your textbook.
- All paperwork associated with the class (syllabus, exams, and assignments).
- Most of all, bring your questions.
The better you understand what you need help with,
the easier it is for us to help you.
Tutors are here to help you understand the topics you are studying.
In most cases, they took the same course a few years ago,
so they are well prepared to answer your questions.
They can help you understand your text and the examples it provides.
They can guide you through the solution of typical exercises,
and help you devise a problem solving strategy to use in the course.
However, tutors are NOT permitted to work your homework assignments or
take-home exams for you. The goal of tutoring is to supplement your
lecture and textbook to help you master the mathematics you need in
order to succeed in
your education and in your career.
Page last modified: 07 May 2012, 09:08 AM